Alcohol Rehab Centers in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
One of the biggest health issues the US is facing at the moment is the excessive use of alcohol. People who struggle with increased alcohol intake drink in large quantities, which endangers their mental and physical health. It also takes a toll on their private and professional lives and strains their relationships with friends, colleagues, and loved ones. Whether it’s everyday drinking or occasional binging sessions, immoderate drinking is a serious health hazard that has to be addressed.1
Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is a medical term for what used to be called alcoholism. Individuals with AUD are unable to control or limit the amount of alcohol they consume. One of the first signs of AUD is that people constantly have to increase the amount of alcohol they drink because they develop alcohol tolerance. This leads to dangerous levels of intake, which can result in serious consequences and cause lasting issues.2
There are numerous proven treatments available today that help people deal with alcohol-related challenges. There is a growing number of specialized facilities that offer help to people with AUD and those who suffer from a combination of AUD and other mental health disorders, which is known as dual diagnosis or a co-occurring disorder (COD). In Nevada alone, the number of rehab centers increased from 82 in 2011 to 109 in 2020.3
What is the Importance of Alcohol Rehab Centers?
The problem with AUD is that people can’t just stop drinking suddenly because they risk experiencing alcohol withdrawal. Alcohol withdrawal is a painful and dangerous ordeal that has many consequences and may result in a deadly outcome. Withdrawal discourages people from quitting alcohol, so they end up drinking again in order to avoid this unpleasant experience.4
This is where modern alcohol rehab centers can make a difference. Rehab centers offer pain-free alcohol withdrawal and proven treatment options for AUD. This enables people to get clean in a safe and healthy way through a medically managed detox procedure. Once their bodies are free of alcohol patients can enter into a rehab program that is tailored to meet their unique recovery needs.4
Some of the most important benefits of recovering inside a professional rehab institution are:5
- Care is available 24/7 – The patient spends nights inside the center and is afforded constant medical supervision and attention.
- Doctors can modify treatment at all times – Rehab usually includes ups and downs and various stages of recovery, so it’s important to monitor the patient’s progress and adjust the treatment accordingly.
- Structured schedule – Patients are encouraged to develop accountability and new positive routines that will enable them to build foundations for lasting sobriety after the treatment is over.
- Focused environment – Patients are in a safe space that is free from triggers and negative influences enabling them to stay on the path to recovery and concentrate on their well-being.
- A wide variety of amenities – Modern alcohol rehabilitation centers have an impressive list of amenities on offer that are designed to make patients stay more comfortable and help them adjust to treatment easily.
- Medical equipment and tools – Top treatment facilities for alcoholism provide their medical staff with the latest medical tools and modern equipment, so they can furnish their patients with the highest standard of care.
How to Choose the Right Rehab Center in Nevada?
According to the CDC’s statistics on the cost of excessive drinking in Nevada, the state lost 2.3 billion dollars, or $850 per capita, due to people’s inability to control their consumption and drink alcohol moderately. Besides the enormous amount of money lost to AUD, alcoholism takes more than 260 lives in the US every day. Nevada is ranked 4th on the national list of states in per capita alcohol consumption, with 3.42 gallons of alcohol consumed.6
The number of people in Nevada who sought help for substance abuse has been on the steady rise for some time now. From 5,903 people who enrolled in treatment in 2017, to 7,249 who did so in 2019, and ultimately to 11,573 who entered rehab in 2020. Almost 50% of patients in treatment in Nevada received help for a combination of alcohol and drug abuse, while less than 1 in 7 were diagnosed with alcohol use disorder only.3
If you feel like your alcohol use is getting out of hand, maybe it’s best if you start looking for treatment options and explore the available alcohol rehab centers near you. Choosing the right rehab center may seem like a daunting task but it can be a lot easier than it seems. Finding the right place that matches your needs is one of the most important principles of successful treatment, so be sure to pay attention to a few important considerations.7
Decide Your Goals and Needs
Alcohol use disorder is a mental health condition that has deep-rooted causes that differ from one person to the next. Since AUD is a behavioral issue, it’s rarely enough for people to just quit drinking and get well. A whole-person approach aims at lasting recovery, so it focuses on underlying issues that caused a person to drink in the first place. Full recovery encompasses both mental and physical well-being.8
People who drink usually turn to alcohol in order to deal with certain emotional or professional issues that are negatively affecting their ability to lead productive and healthy lives. Dealing with everyday challenges can be hard and alcohol may seem like an easy way to manage stress. When looking for a suitable alcohol rehabilitation center near you, always look for a place that provides personalized treatment procedures and aims at a whole-person recovery.9
Talk to the Treatment Providers
Every case of alcohol use disorder is unique and the best results are achieved when the patient’s individual needs are addressed. It’s important to communicate your needs to medical professionals, so they can match your specific situation with the best possible treatment. Try getting into specifics as much as you can, since every detail can be of use during your future treatment procedure.5
Since AUD is a mental health condition, all patient’s concerns must be addressed so they can have faith in the treatment they are about to receive. When talking to treatment providers, remember that what worked for someone else may not be the best solution for you. Feel free to open up about your issues so that medical staff can adequately assess your situation.7
Research Different Rehab Centers
Once you start looking for the right treatment provider, it’s advised to take a closer look at certificates, accreditations, and licenses issued by various national, federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. The best rehab facilities will guarantee a certain level of service and will be acknowledged by more than one agency or organization.3
Another thing to look for is the reputation of the health professionals who work at the facility. A high level of experience and expertise of medical personnel is an important hallmark of a first-rate institution where you can expect quality service. It may be a good idea to look at ratings, reviews, and testimonials of people who had treatment in the same alcohol rehabilitation center.
Factors to Consider While Choosing a Rehab Center in Nevada?
Factors that people tend to take into consideration when deciding on the appropriate addiction rehab facility are location, amenities, and the cost of treatment. Sometimes it’s good for people to travel to treatment and not go to the nearest place. They may get a higher level of service or draw strength from a change of scenery. In some cases, specialized service may not be available in your vicinity, so it’s advised to look for the appropriate treatment further afield.10
People also take special notice of amenities because they are a good indicator of the level of service that can be expected from the rehab center. Amenities provide comfort and enjoyment to patients and aid their general treatment experience. Another important thing that you should inquire about is the cost of treatment because it may play a big part in your decision-making process.
Besides these factors, there are certain aspects you should inquire about so you can gather enough information to be able to make an informed decision about what suits you best. Factors that will influence your decision about the right alcohol rehabilitation center include:7
- What payment options are available? – There are several options to pay for the treatment with insurance being the most popular one. Some people prefer to pay for treatment using their credit cards. You can also pay in cash, or finance your rehab through government grants, the Veterans Administration, or various state and federal-sponsored programs.
- Do they have detox programs? – Detox programs usually last 4 to 7 days and in some cases up to 2 weeks. Medical detoxification is an important step toward full recovery. After detox, patients are ready to continue onto their chosen treatment programs.
- Can you have a personalized treatment plan? – This is a very important question because every case is different and you’ll want your personal needs and preferences taken into account. Age, gender, religion, occupation, and medical history may represent a big factor when you decide on your treatment of choice.
- Which treatment programs are offered? – There are multiple proven rehab programs today. Depending on the type of your alcohol use disorder and the severity of your condition, you may require a Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) or a program for Co-Occurring Disorder, so you’ll have to explore all the available options.
- Does the rehab center provide long-term programs? – Short-term programs last for about a month, however for persons who have severe forms of AUD evidence shows that treatment of at least 90 days may be the best option. Longer treatments tend to yield better results.
- What types of therapy do they provide? – There are many different types of behavioral treatment that deal with substance addiction. The most popular ones are Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET), Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and Motivational Interviewing (MI).
- Are 12-step programs supported? – Various forms of 12-step approaches are offered in most alcohol rehabilitation centers. Spiritual and faith-based recovery programs that utilize the benefits of peer support groups have shown great results in the treatment of AUD.
- Is an aftercare program included? – Patients tend to be most vulnerable once their programs end and they return to their daily lives. It’s important to prevent relapse at this crucial stage and avoid getting back to your old habits.
How to find an Alcohol Treatment Facility in Nevada?
You can easily look for treatment options using SAMHSA’s online rehab facility locator. The locator is user-friendly and all you have to do is type in the address, city, zip code, and/or desired facility name. You can then browse results from a list or an interactive map. Several filters will help you sort the results, including location, distance, and type of treatment the facility offers.
If you’re looking for a top-quality Nevada alcohol rehab center, be sure to check out the Desert Hope Treatment Center. Desert Hope is easily accessible and located in the center of Las Vegas right across the Las Vegas National Golf Course. It’s a premium resort-like rehab facility that provides individualized treatment programs and proven therapies for all types of addiction. Desert Hope has luxurious amenities, top-drawer medical staff, and a unique 90-day brand promise.
If you’re not sure about the type of treatment you need or which facility will best match your medical needs, hotlines are a great way to learn more about every facet of alcohol addiction. Don’t hesitate to pose questions about issues and concerns that need answering because the hotline staff has a great deal of experience dealing with addiction challenges.
Hotlines are completely confidential so you won’t have to fear talking about private or illegal activities and experiences. They will provide you with valuable treatment information about insurance benefits and coverage, treatment procedures, the admission process, how to prepare for treatment, and different payment methods.
Frequently Asked Questions