Ambetter Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment in Las Vegas NV
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Ambetter insurance may be able to assist you in paying for some or all of the cost of substance abuse rehab in Las Vegas and the surrounding areas.1 Ambetter insurance covers several states, including Nevada.2 While the exact numbers of how many Nevada facilites accept Ambetter are hard to come by, in 2018 63 of the 66 Nevada facilities accepted some type of private health insurance as a form of payment.3 While the exact degree of your Ambetter health coverage may vary, the high cost of treatment should not deter you from seeking life-saving care. Understanding your Ambetter benefits, how to use them for coverage, and how to find rehabs in Nevada that work with Ambetter can help you kickstart your recovery.
Does Ambetter Cover Rehab in Las Vegas, Nevada?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) mandates that health insurance plans, like Ambetter’s, provide some coverage for the treatment of behavioral and mental health disorders. This includes substance abuse rehab.4 As a result, Ambetter health insurance plans may be able to help you cover some or all of the cost of rehab in Nevada. However, there are factors that can cause your coverage to vary. The length and intensity of treatment, whether a rehab is in-network or out-of-network with Ambetter, and the type of Ambetter health plan you have can all affect the degree of coverage you receive.
How To Check Ambetter Rehab Coverage in Las Vegas
If you’re wondering the extent of your Ambetter addiction treatment coverage in Nevada, there are several ways you can check it. You can access your Ambetter account online to review your benefits. If you want to speak to someone directly, you can always call the number on the back of your insurance card and talk to the customer service representative. It’s also important to reach out to any potential rehab centers in Las Vegas and see if they accept Ambetter insurance. You can also check your coverage online through the form below.
How To Use Ambetter Coverage for Rehab in Las Vegas
When you decide to take the step to seek addiction rehab, it’s critical that you have the tools and resources to move forward. You can find rehabs in Las Vegas that accept Ambetter insurance by checking online for in-network providers. If you receive services at an out-of-network rehab center, you may be responsible for the costs.8 You can also contact the rehab facility directly and have them verify your insurance for you.
In addition, keep in mind that some providers require preauthorization for certain services. You can check whether you will need authorization before going to rehab by visiting Ambetter’s site.
Do Treatment Centers in Las Vegas Need To Be In-Network?
A facility that works with Ambetter insurance is considered to be in-network. In-network facilities have a contract with Ambetter, and in turn, provide the facilities with services at a discounted cost.7 It’s to your advantage to frequent places that are in the network, so you won’t have out-of-pocket costs.7 If you choose to attend a Nevada or Les Vegas rehab that is out-of-network, then your Ambetter insurance plan may not cover the costs of treatment.
Emergency room visits are typically covered in- or out-of-network.7
Types of Ambetter Insurance Plans in Nevada
The type of Ambetter health insurance plan you have can affect how much coverage you receive for rehab in Las Vegas. Ambetter insurance has three main categories of insurance plans:8
- Bronze level, Ambetter Essential Care: This level covers the basics with special attention to essential needs. It comes with a lower monthly premium but more out-of-pocket fees when obtaining care that is not essential.
- Silver level, Ambetter Balanced Care: This plan offers a balanced approach, with an even amount monthly and at the time of service.
- Gold level, Ambetter Secure Care: The Gold level of service includes a fuller coverage at the time you receive services, but you will pay more in premiums.
You can contact your insurance representative to determine what addiction treatment centers in Las Vegas accept your plan and how much will be covered.
Does Ambetter Offer Medicare and Medicaid in Nevada?
If you are eligible for Medicare, then you will have access to Ambetter’s Allwell plan.9 Allwell is a Medicare Advantage plan that is offered from Superior health plan. 9
Medicaid is a government-funded program that provides health coverage to people eligible for insurance due to low income.10 Ambetter offers marketplace plans that are within everyone’s budget.8 So, even if you don’t quite qualify for Medicaid, you can enroll in one of the Ambetter plans.8
Types of Treatment Covered by Ambetter
The types of addiction treatment covered by your Ambetter insurance may vary depending on the exact plan you have. There are varying levels of rehab programs that increase in intensity. You can expect your insurance to help pay for at least some of the following programs:
- Medical Detox: Detox is the process that sees the body filtering out substances like drugs or alcohol. While this can occur naturally, detox is typically accompanied by physical withdrawal symptoms that can range from mild to severe or potentially life-threatening. Medical detox is a program that grants a patient undergoing detox 24/7 supervision and medical support to help manage withdrawal symptoms.5
- Inpatient (Residential) Rehab: Inpatient rehab is typically an intensive treatment track that offers 24/7 supervision and a variety of evidence-based therapies. Inpatient treatment usually lasts for a few weeks to a few months. Residential treatment is similar to inpatient treatment, but tends to be set in a rehab facility instead of a hospital, and can last for a few months to over a year.5
- Outpatient Rehab: Outpatient treatment is generally considered as a follow-up program to a more intensive inpatient rehab program. Outpatient allows you to continue to receive treatment while also participating in daily life events like work or school.6
Finding Rehab Centers in Las Vegas That Accept Ambetter Insurance
Whether you live in Las Vegas or not, it’s important to know the rehab centers that take Ambetter insurance if you’ve decided on seeking treatment in this area. You can check with an insurance representative directly by calling the number on the back of your Ambetter insurance card.
Alternatively, you can contact American Addiction Centers (AAC), which operates Desert Hope Treatment Center in Las Vegas, NV. Desert Hope is one of the rehabs in Las Vegas, Nevada, that accepts Ambetter insurance. AAC also operates a 24/7 addiction helpline that can answer any outstanding questions you may have about using Ambetter insurance for treatment in Nevada. The helpline may also be able to connect you with facilities in the Las Vegas area that accept Ambetter insurance.