Learn More About Addiction Treatment
Our helpful guides provide transparency to the entire addiction treatment journey.
American Addiction Centers is dedicated to supporting individuals struggling with drug and alcohol addiction on their journey to recovery. We offer our national directory and library of resources to you and your loved ones so you can find the path that best suits your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long is Rehab?
- The length of your rehab experience can vary depending on what is recommended by your physician or a treatment provider. Generally, however, treatment usually lasts between 28-90 days.
Does Rehab Work?
- Because treatment methods, duration, and other factors can vary between rehab providers, there is no standardized definition of rehab. As a result, it is difficult to define success and failure. However, through safely detoxing with the support of professionals, inpatient rehab & therapy, and outpatient transitional treatment, you will have a better chance at maintaining sobriety than attempting sobriety on your own.
What happens in Rehab?
- Rehab consists of three generally accepted levels of care: detox, inpatient rehab, and outpatient rehab. Often accessed in that order, detox focuses on medical stabilization and safety, inpatient rehab provides regularly therapy sessions and focuses on emotional support, while outpatient rehab allows you to live at home and provides less intensive therapy more focused on transitioning back to a regular life.
How to Get Into Rehab:
- Going to rehab starts with speaking to an admissions team member once you have chosen a treatment provider. You will tell them your story and they will evaluate your needs to develop a treatment plan for you. Once you have a clear understanding of what’s required to begin, the treatment provider will schedule your admission.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
- Rehab costs vary depending on your treatment plan and the provider you choose. In terms of out-of-pocket costs, private or state insurance can often cover a majority of costs.
How do I pay for Rehab?
- The most common way to pay for detox or rehab is through private or state insurance. However, there are other options such as private financing, payment plans, and scholarships. Read more