Does Aetna covers Cocaine rehab or detox centers?
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Struggling with addiction can feel like an uphill battle that is difficult to fight on your own. Luckily, several options for assistance and support are available through many different channels. Best practices recommended by professionals can address addiction based on your unique needs and the substance you’re addicted to.1 Relapse Prevention Cocaine
Cocaine addiction is best treated with a combination of pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy.2 How is cocaine addiction treated? Cocaine is a highly addictive stimulant that can lead to several negative outcomes like risky choices, health problems, overdose, and even death. 2 p. 2 What is Cocaine? In 2020, about 1.3 million Americans reported struggling with cocaine addiction. 2 p.3 What is the scope of cocaine use in the United States?
If you or a loved one is struggling with cocaine addiction, help is available. There are many options for financial assistance, including insurance and support from federal and community organizations. Aetna coverage nationwide provides different substance use treatment coverage levels depending on your specific plan. Aetna understands the importance of providing the highest level of care to its members and offers access to hundreds of in-network rehab centers nationwide.
What Does Aetna Insurance Cover for Cocaine Treatment?
Aetna healthcare plans provide coverage for some, if not all, costs of various cocaine addiction treatments. The cost of common cocaine treatment options like medical detox, inpatient and outpatient rehab, interventions and screenings, and behavioral therapy could be covered, depending on your specific Aetna healthcare plan.
Multiple treatment methods and best practices will likely be beneficial for you based on your unique needs. What works for some may not work for others. Common treatment options covered under Aetna insurance include: 1 How are behavioral therapies used to treat drug addiction? 2 p. 13 How is cocaine addiction treated? 3 Does One Cause The Other? + What Should I Do?
- Screenings and interventions: To initially diagnose addiction, drug screening tests and interventions are often administered by a mental health provider. A mental health professional will run assessments to gauge your level of addiction and recommend the best treatments for you. 1 How are behavioral therapies used to treat drug addiction?
- Detox: Medical detox is important at the beginning of your recovery journey to rid your body of harmful substances. Healthcare professionals provide certain medications to stop cravings and aid in the withdrawal process.1 How are behavioral therapies used to treat drug addiction?
- Inpatient or residential rehab: Inpatient or residential rehab is helpful for those with severe addictions who need to separate from their everyday environment. They are safe, supportive spaces where you live while in treatment. Most programs last between 30 to 90 days, but longer treatment options are available. These programs offer individual and group therapy as well as family counseling, helping you build healthy coping skills to handle stressful situations and prevent relapse.1 How are behavioral therapies used to treat drug addiction?
- Outpatient rehab: Outpatient programs are a great place to start if you have a mild to moderate addiction and want to continue living at home to take care of personal responsibilities. With similar treatments to inpatient rehabs, you’ll build coping skills to fight addiction triggers and promote long-term recovery. 1 How are behavioral therapies used to treat drug addiction?
- Behavioral therapies: Behavioral interventions are used in tandem with pharmacotherapy to effectively address substance use disorders such as cocaine addiction.2 p. 13 How is cocaine addiction treated? Different therapies offered in inpatient and outpatient settings, like contingency management (CM) and cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) are particularly helpful in curbing substance use and promoting abstinence. Contingency management is especially useful at the beginning of your journey to recovery as it promotes initial abstinence from cocaine use by using motivational incentives to reward abstinence. Cognitive-behavioral therapy helps patients to understand what triggers their substance use and the best ways to change their behaviors. 2 p. 13 How is cocaine addiction treated?
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders: A co-occurring disorder or “dual diagnosis” occurs when someone suffers from a substance use disorder along with a mental health illness. Some develop substance use disorders through self-medication of mental health symptoms with drugs and alcohol. Others develop mental health disorders from prolonged, excessive drug use. Medical professionals recommend treating both disorders simultaneously to promote long-term recovery. 3 Does One Cause The Other? + What Should I Do?
Aetna coverage nationwide offers access to thousands of cocaine rehab centers. Your level of coverage will depend on different factors like your location, the services you require, and the Aetna insurance plan you have. Aetna healthcare plans include copay-only plans, open-access plans, and high-deductible.4
Copay-only plans ensure you’ll only pay copays before you hit your deductible for visits with your primary care physician and covered generic drugs. With open-access plans, you can choose doctors without a referral. High-deductible plans provide preventive care services before you reach your deductible and offer a health savings account. For substance use treatment, details of what is covered under your insurance will vary depending on your specific plan.
What Aetna does not cover for Cocaine Treatment?
Certain non-medical services and amenities won’t be covered under Aetna insurance. Similar to many insurance companies, there are caps to yearly spending and what is covered under your plan. At least a portion of standard evidence-based treatments like pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy will likely be offered by many Aetna healthcare plans.
Holistic approaches and high-end amenities like those offered in luxury and private rehabs can supplement fundamental treatment practices by addressing emotional, spiritual, physical, and mental needs as a whole.
Additional amenities like recreational programs, food delivery, private treatment services, and alternative therapies can be extremely helpful in the recovery process based on your specific needs but commonly aren’t considered necessities. If you’re interested in private or luxury rehab, you’ll likely pay much of the costs for treatment out of pocket.
How Much Does Cocaine Rehab Cost?
The price of cocaine rehab depends on different factors, like your insurance plan, the type of facility and services you require, and your location. Traditional inpatient and outpatient rehab facilities that only provide the recommended necessities for effective treatment will often be less expensive than private or luxury rehabs with alternative therapies and lavish amenities.
Specialized programs geared towards specific communities may also cost more than standard rehab. The amount of time you spend in treatment and how many services you require will play a part in the price. Certain services and treatment lengths will be recommended, depending on where you are in your recovery journey and how severe your cocaine addiction is.
The following are estimated costs based on reports from individual facilities. If you’re interested in a specific facility, reach out directly for pricing.
Cost of Inpatient Cocaine Rehab
Seeking treatment in a 30-day inpatient cocaine rehab program costs about $6,000. Luxury and highly accredited facilities will be more expensive and can cost up to $20,000 for a 30-day program. For longer stays, the average cost varies from $12,000 to $60,000.
Cost of Outpatient Cocaine Rehab
If you’re seeking help for a mild to moderate addiction, outpatient rehab is often much cheaper than inpatient rehab. For a 3-month program, you’ll likely pay about $5,000, but some programs cost up to $10,000. Your length of treatment and frequency of attending the facility determine the price.
Cost of Cocaine Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
Partial hospitalization programs (PHP), or day treatment programs, are facilities similar to inpatient programs requiring you to attend treatment for multiple hours daily, but you can remain at home. Prices vary based on the facility you choose, but, on average, treatment in a cocaine PHP costs between $350–$450 per day.
Cost of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) has been found to be effective when offered in conjunction with other cocaine abuse treatments. Different medications like tiagabine, baclofen, and topiramate are administered to block cocaine euphoria, reduce cravings, and promote long-term recovery.5 abstract Costs vary, but, on average, prices range between $6,000 to $15,000 a year.
Cocaine Rehab vs. the Cost of Cocaine Addiction
The financial burden of paying for rehab can deter many from seeking treatment, as prices can seem shocking at first. But when you consider the price of addiction, the cost of cocaine rehab is worth it. Prolonging getting help for your cocaine addiction can lead to many negative effects on not just your finances, but almost every aspect of your life, like personal relationships, career, and health.
Cocaine addiction can have long-term irreversible effects on your health. The development of heart problems, infectious diseases, and seizures are common in long-term cocaine users. Seeking treatment is your best option to create a new path for your life, leaving the destruction of your addiction behind.
What Length of Cocaine Rehab Does Aetna Cover?
Although everyone is unique, and no one treatment will work for all, mental health professionals agree that the longer you spend in treatment, the more positive your outcome will be.1 points to remember Taking as much time as you need for recovery gives you the chance to focus on yourself and build the necessary skills to cope with addiction triggers healthily and prevent relapse.1 points to remember
If you’re wondering how long your Aetna healthcare plan covers treatment costs, this depends on your specific insurance plan. Since there are different tiers of coverage and types of policies, the length of time covered for your treatment varies by Aetna policy. If you want more information on what your specific plan covers, call the number on the back of your insurance card or contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) for assistance.
Choosing between Aetna Inpatient vs. Outpatient Cocaine Rehab Centers
Choosing the best treatment option for you starts with considering different factors, such as your preferred quality of care and treatment environment. Individualized treatment plans are most beneficial in promoting long-term sobriety.1 Points to Remember Important factors like your lifestyle and the severity of your addiction also determine what will work best for you.
If you consider your addiction mild or moderate, outpatient cocaine rehab programs may be a great place to start. For more severe addictions, removing yourself from your everyday environment and seeking treatment in an inpatient rehab could be the best choice for you.
Inpatient rehabs provide a more focused environment with 24/7 quality care and support from mental health professionals. Many inpatient facilities offer specialized programs for cocaine addiction. They’re a safe space to focus on recovery and connect with others on the same journey, celebrating achievements and holding each other accountable along the way.
How to Use Aetna Insurance for Cocaine Rehab?
To use Aetna insurance for cocaine rehab, consult a doctor or a suitable rehab program you’re interested in attending. They can assist you in verifying your insurance coverage and determine your treatment options.
How to Find Cocaine Rehabs That Accept Aetna Insurance
You can also reach out to AAC to verify your insurance coverage. Contact us through online chat or fill out our SSVOB form for more information. You can also call our helpline and speak directly with a representative who can check your benefits while you’re on the phone. Hundreds of people struggling with addiction receive financial coverage for rehab through Aetna yearly.
AAC offers access to some of the nation’s leading treatment centers. Our facilities provide high-quality, evidence-based treatments geared toward your specific needs. Whether you’re interested in outpatient rehab or prefer a luxury experience with exclusive amenities, we offer access to various treatment options like medical detox, behavioral interventions, and traditional and alternative therapies.
Getting treatment for cocaine addiction may seem scary at first, but you’ll welcome support and encouragement to help you along the way. If you’re ready to start your journey to recovery, AAC is here to help.
What Rehab Centers Take Aetna Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have an Aetna insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Aetna for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and telehealth.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and telehealth, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various rehab treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Aetna insurance.