Does Ambetter covers Alcohol rehab or Detox center?
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
If you are one of the many people who struggle with an alcohol misuse issue, you can obtain treatment with Ambetter health. With one of the Ambetter healthcare plans, you have access to essential health benefits through the Affordable Care Act (ACA).1(whole page) These benefits include mental health and substance abuse services.1(top) Ambetter offers Marketplace plans at different tier levels.2(top) Each level is a different premium amount and gives you a different amount of coverage. 2(top) The main tier levels are as follows: 2(top)
- Bronze tier: This tier level is the lowest level for monthly premiums and coverage, but you’ll still have access to essential health benefits.
- Silver tier: The Silver level of care is in the middle, with a mid-range price and level of services
- Gold tier: The Gold tier provides a higher level of services for a higher premium cost.
If you’re unsure what tier you have or what your Ambetter coverage nationwide is, you can contact the rehab directly and verify your insurance coverage over the phone. An admissions navigator will assist you with finding Ambetter insurance drug treatment providers near you, too.
What Does Ambetter Insurance Cover for Alcohol Treatment?
The type of alcohol treatment your Ambetter Insurance covers varies based on the tier level you have (mentioned above). A variety of treatment options and services are offered for people with alcohol addiction.
Your Ambetter addiction treatment may assist you with covering some of these services and treatment regimens. You and your therapist or case manager will determine what treatment plan is best for you. Then you can verify what your Ambetter alcohol rehab benefits are. However, you may have coverage for the following common alcohol rehab services:
- Screening and Assessment: A screening process may take place during intake. This provides an assessment of what services you may require during rehab. This will help create your treatment plan. 3
- Detox: During the detox treatment program, you will have medical assistance during the withdrawal phase. Also, you will have someone nearby who is trained to monitor your symptoms during this time.3
- Inpatient or residential rehab treatment: While in inpatient rehab, you will receive 24/7 treatment in a comfortable setting. Clinical support and therapy are main components of this type of treatment. You will dig into the causes of addiction and reflect on how addiction has affected you personally. Inpatient rehab may last for a short duration or a longer time. 4(long)
- Outpatient rehab treatment: A standard outpatient treatment program consists of regular therapy with a certified therapist. You usually meet with the clinician once a week.5(outpatient)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): An IOP is also an outpatient treatment, but it is more intensive than standard outpatient. It involves several hours of therapy a week.6
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): During PHP, you will be in a hospital-like setting with therapists and other medical professionals who assist you through the recovery process. You stay at the facility for most of the day and go home at night.7
- Behavioral therapies: Therapy is usually evidence-based. One of the more common ones used is cognitive-behavioral therapy.8
- Treatment for co-occurring disorders: Some people struggle with both mental illness and substance use disorder. When this occurs, they can be treated for both conditions together with a co-occurring disorder treatment plan.9
What Ambetter does not cover for Alcohol Treatment?
Even with the highest level of Ambetter insurance substance abuse treatment coverage, you may not be able to get everything covered during treatment. Some of the items that probably won’t be covered include the following:
- Non-medical amenities.
- Luxury rehab facilities or services.
- Recreational programs and activities.
- Alternative therapies, such as equine therapy, art therapy, etc.
- Holistic services.
- Food delivery.
- Private room or treatment services.
How Much Does Alcohol Rehab Cost?
You probably want to know how much alcohol rehab will cost. This question is often the first one on people’s minds. It’s hard to put an exact figure on it until you know what plan you have and how other contributing factors play a part. These other factors can affect how much alcohol rehab costs. Some of these factors include:
- Where the facility is located.
- What services are offered.
- How intense the services are.
- How long you stay in treatment.
- What amenities the rehab has.
Cost of Inpatient Alcohol Rehab
The average cost of inpatient alcohol rehab is dependent on your Ambetter insurance drug treatment plan. Since it offers 24/7 care and services and a certified clinician is always on hand, it will be at the top of the line for cost.
Cost of Outpatient Alcohol Rehab
The average cost of outpatient alcohol rehab is going to be less due to the reduced amount of time spent in treatment. Most people attend about once a week unless they are in an IOP. Then it’s a few days a week.
Cost of Alcohol Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP)
A PHP is a more intensive program but not as intensive as inpatient rehab. So, you can expect costs to be somewhere between the 2.
Cost of Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
A MAT program provides a combination of medication and therapy together in 1 treatment regimen.10(MAT med) Some people benefit from medication because it helps with withdrawal symptoms as they quit alcohol. 10(MAT med) The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved acamprosate, disulfiram, and naltrexone for alcohol abuse. 10(MAT med) Ambetter rehab coverage may cover this treatment, which must be dispensed by a medical doctor.10(top)
Alcohol Rehab vs. the Cost of Alcohol Addiction
The cost of alcohol rehab does have a price, but not getting treatment has a cost, too. People don’t always realize that they are paying for alcohol addiction in a myriad of ways. Some of these are reviewed below:
- There is a cost to purchase alcohol.
- You may lose income from being out of work due to drinking.
- You may have medical costs due to health problems.
- You may lose friendships or relationships due to alcohol addiction.
- You may lose quality of life.
What Length of Alcohol Rehab Does Ambetter Cover?
You can check the back of your insurance card to see what the length of your Ambetter insurance coverage is. Also, calling the rehab facility directly will provide you with more information about the length of time your insurance covers. However, you should try to get adequate rehab for your needs, which may include more than 1 type of treatment.11 For example, you may have to transition from 1 treatment to another before completing rehab. This can help you with relapse prevention.11
Choosing between Ambetter Inpatient vs. Outpatient Alcohol Rehab Centers
If you are trying to choose between inpatient and outpatient alcohol rehab, you should consider the benefits of an inpatient treatment program when starting out. Some of the Ambetter inpatient benefits include:
- Higher quality of care.
- Treatment ecosystem.
- Solid support group.
- A more focused environment.
- Robust accountability.
How to Use Ambetter Insurance for Alcohol Rehab?
If you’re thinking about getting started with Ambetter alcohol rehab nationwide, you can move ahead seamlessly by following these steps:
- Consult your primary care physician.
- Determine what type of rehab program is right for you.
- Find out what type of insurance plan you have and how it works with alcohol rehab.
- Talk to an admissions navigator at a rehab center to determine coverage with their facility (be sure it’s in-network).
How to Find Alcohol Rehabs That Accept Ambetter Insurance
You can start your journey to alcohol recovery by reaching out to American Addiction Centers (AAC), and someone will verify your insurance coverage for you while you wait on the phone. AAC is a leading provider of addiction healthcare, providing treatment centers for alcohol and drug abuse nationwide.
An AAC admissions navigator will help you find top-notch quality Ambetter Insurance rehabilitation centers near you. Get in touch with AAC today for more information.
What Rehab Centers Take Ambetter Insurance?
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Ambetter insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Ambetter for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Located in Hollywood, Florida, Recovery First treats substance use disorders by combining evidence-based therapeutic modalities with top-level care. Recovery First provides a personalized continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks treats substance use disorders through combining evidence-based therapies with world-class amenities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, behavioral disorder treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Ambetter insurance.