Does Florida Blue (BCBS Of Florida) insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Substance use disorder is a debilitating disease that can affect anyone. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, you are not alone. Addiction continues to plague the United States, especially in Florida. Florida saw the second-highest overdose death rate in the nation in 2020.1 The problem
Seeking treatment can feel like a scary step to take at first. But once you ask for professional help, you open the doors to countless opportunities for care, support, and guidance. The financial burden of rehab can be overwhelming and cause you to put off getting help. But getting the treatment you need is most important and shouldn’t be put off for another day.
Along with insurance coverage, there are many options for financial assistance for addiction treatment programs like medical detox, outpatient and inpatient programs, and aftercare treatment. If you have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, some of your costs for treatment will be covered, if not all. Even if you don’t have insurance, many government-funded programs and local organizations offer assistance through grants, scholarships, and loans.
If you’re wondering what your insurance plan specifically covers, call the number on the back of your insurance card for more information. If you have a specific facility in mind, you can check your eligibility for coverage by reaching out to them directly and providing information for verification. You can also get more information on your specific insurance plan by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC) through online chat, by phone, or by filling out our SSVOB form.
How to find BCBS Of Florida covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in FL?
AAC can verify your BCBS Florida insurance coverage for you online or by phone. Call our helpline to speak directly with a representative who can check your benefits right when you’re on the phone. You can also chat with an agent online who can offer you more information on your specific plan. Every year, hundreds of people go into rehab financed through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida.
AAC provides access to some of the best rehab facilities in the nation. We understand that everyone is unique and has different needs. You can customize your care with individualized treatment plans and special programs to best accommodate your recovery. Many of our programs offer premier accommodations and top-notch amenities, offering treatment options like medical detox, inpatient and outpatient rehab, alternative therapies, and peer support groups.
Our leading treatment facilities in Florida include:
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, FL, near Tampa, River Oaks Treatment Center’s well-renowned staff is experienced in several types of treatment with advanced licenses and accreditations. Their main priority is making you feel safe, comfortable, and supported. They provide outstanding addiction treatment options, and aftercare focused on the 8 Dimensions of Wellness, with specializations in family programs, residential treatment, medical detox, and addiction-focused healthcare.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: Recovery First Treatment Center is a leading alcohol and drug treatment facility located in Hollywood, FL. They offer a continuum of care dedicated to focusing on your recovery by providing access to different programs like medical detox, co-occurring disorder treatment, inpatient rehab, intensive outpatient rehab, and telehealth addiction treatment.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida cover out-of-state drug rehab centers?
Blue Cross Blue Shield Florida may also cover some, if not all, of the costs for out-of-state drug rehab facilities, depending on your specific plan. Some of our other top-notch facilities covered by Florida Blue insurance include:
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, this treatment center offers a unique blend of evidence-based treatment options with specialized and individualized programs. With exclusive therapeutic services, such as yoga, art, music therapy, and equine therapy, you’ll be able to focus on your recovery in a serene environment.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: This spa-like facility in Dallas, Texas, understands that everyone is different and provides many treatment options and specialized programs for the LGBTQ community, veterans, Christians, and recovering licensed mental health professionals.
- AdCare Treatment Centers: AdCare Treatment Centers offer high-quality treatment options, such as medical detox and telehealth, along with inpatient and outpatient services. They have 2 inpatient facilities and 7 outpatient programs throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, NV, Desert Hope Treatment Center provides various individualized treatment services to address addiction, such as sober living, inpatient and outpatient rehab, and specialized treatment options.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: This New Jersey treatment facility provides a peaceful environment for recovery, surrounded by mountains and nature. It has various rehabilitation services like medical detox, intensive outpatient treatment, and cognitive-behavioral therapy.
- Laguna Treatment Center: This facility provides an upscale treatment experience in Laguna Beach, California, with expert medical care. Supporting guests through individualized services and impressive accommodations, they provide high-quality addiction treatment plans with personalized treatment and addiction aftercare.
What is Florida Blue (BCBS Of Florida)?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, or Florida Blue, is the oldest and largest state health insurance company in the United States. It’s 1 of the 34 locally-run and independently-owned health insurance companies under the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.2 About Florida Blue
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida has been providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Floridians for over 70 years. They provide coverage for many different sectors, including individuals and groups with PPO, HMO, indemnity, and supplemental policies. 2 About Florida Blue Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida’s mission is to help build healthy communities by helping the people of Florida achieve better health.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida continues to serve the community by offering access to essential healthcare like addiction and mental health treatment. There are various addiction treatment programs in-network in Florida.
How Much Does BCBS Of Florida Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
The costs covered for your addiction treatment under your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida insurance plan will vary based on your specific plan along with the treatment program you choose. There are several different options for addiction treatment, and some will work better than others depending on your unique, individual needs. Addiction services that are at least partially covered by BCBS Florida include:3 What types of treatments are available?
- Inpatient and residential rehab: If you’re looking for a supportive, safe space to live where you can take a break from the stress and distractions of everyday responsibilities while in recovery, residential rehab is a good choice. Inpatient programs usually last anywhere from 30 to 90 days, with some patients seeking longer treatment for 6 months to a year. In these programs, you’ll develop coping skills to handle your addiction triggers in a healthy way, promoting your long-term recovery and reducing your likelihood of relapse.
- Outpatient rehab and therapy: With outpatient rehab, you can visit a treatment facility as often as you’d like while living at home. An outpatient rehab is a great option if you still need to tend to your day-to-day obligations like family or work while seeking treatment. With similar treatment services to inpatient rehabs, you’ll have opportunities to receive peer support, attend therapy and build new skills, setting you up for long-term recovery.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): IOPs are more rigorous outpatient programs where you’re required to visit your treatment center multiple times a week based on your schedule.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): PHPs, or day programs, allow you to live at home while seeking treatment. Similar to inpatient rehab, these programs are more immersive. PHPs require you to visit a treatment facility daily for about 6 hours a day, at least 5 days a week.
Does Blue cross blue shield of Florida provides coverage for mental health facilities?
If you’re struggling with a mental health disorder along with a substance use disorder, beginning treatment in a mental health facility will help you properly address both illnesses.4 Points to Remember Co-occurring disorders or “dual diagnosis” occur when a person suffers from at least 1 mental health illness along with substance use disorder.5 Intro
Common mental illnesses that coincide with addiction include depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).4 Points to Remember Almost half of the 21 million people fighting addiction also struggle with co-occurring disorders.5 Intro
Mental health professionals agree that co-occurring disorders should be treated in tandem despite how they arise.5 What should I do? The onset of dual diagnosis isn’t clear, with some people developing mental health illnesses from prolonged alcohol or drug use and others becoming addicted to substances through self-medication or trying to relieve their mental illness symptoms with drugs or alcohol.5 Does one Cause the Other? Treating both illnesses at the same time encourages a complete recovery and lessens your chances of relapsing.4 Points to Remember
The Affordable Care Act considers mental health care an essential health benefit and requires insurance providers to offer coverage for mental health care and treatment.6 This means that your BCBS Florida insurance policy will always cover a portion of the cost of co-occurring disorder treatment or stand-alone heroin rehab.
How Long Does BCBS Of Florida Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
Many mental health professionals have found that the longer you spend in treatment, the more effective your treatment will be, promoting long-term recovery. Everyone has unique needs, and no one treatment will work for everyone, but spending more time in treatment positively affects your outcome.4 Points to Remember
It’s important to take the time you need to completely focus on your self-care and gain the necessary coping skills you need to handle difficult life situations without succumbing to addiction triggers.
If you’re curious about the amount of time your BCBS Florida insurance policy will cover for your treatment, it’s best to reach out for assistance in verifying your insurance. Since there are so many different tiers of coverage and types of policies, the length of time covered will depend on your specific plan and the provider you choose.
You can find out more about what your particular plan covers by reaching out directly to the rehab you’re interested in, calling the number on the back of your insurance card, or contacting AAC for assistance.
What if my BCBS Of Florida policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
There may be options for financial assistance if you choose a program that your Blue Cross Blue Shield policy doesn’t cover. You could be eligible for different grants, scholarships, or loans depending on the treatment center you decide on. Government and local organizations offer financial assistance in many forms, such as:
- State-funded rehabs and local assistance: Many state and local institutions partially or fully cover recovery costs through scholarships that fund different addiction services, treatment programs, and medical detox.
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA): If you have no or low income, you can apply for assistance through the ACA to help cover different addiction treatment services.6
- Government-funded programs: The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) offers financial assistance to high-risk and at-risk populations through block grants. Those struggling with addiction, especially mothers or expecting mothers and IV drug users, are encouraged to apply.7 What is a Block Grant?
- S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA): The VA offers financial aid to veterans suffering from addiction. They cover various services like outpatient therapy, mental health treatment, and medical detox.8 What services does VA provide for Veterans with substance use problems?
- Loans and financing: You can apply for personal or bank loans to assist you with financing your addiction treatment.
It’s most important to prioritize getting treatment as soon as possible. Instead of waiting for another day, learn about more ways to finance your recovery.
Florida Blue (BCBS Of Florida) In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
To ensure that at least some portion of the cost of addiction treatment is covered under your Florida Blue insurance, make sure to choose a provider in your network. In-network providers are doctors and hospitals contracted to provide healthcare services through your insurance. You may still have to pay some out-of-pocket costs like deductibles or co-pays, but if you choose an out-of-network provider, you’ll likely have to pay all costs for treatment alone.
To learn more about your specific network, reach out to your insurance provider for more information or contact AAC for assistance. Our team can assist you with verifying your insurance, and help you get one step closer to receiving the best treatment for you.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.