Does BCBS of South Carolina insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
The road to recovery can be difficult, but there’s help along the way. If you’re struggling with addiction and ready to make a change, you’re already in the right place. Financing addiction treatment can be a hurdle for many, but there are several options for financial assistance, including utilizing healthcare coverage to pay for a portion or the entire cost of treatment.
Specifically, if you have Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina, the cost of your treatment could be partially or even fully covered. There are other options for financial assistance if you don’t have insurance. Government and community organizations offer assistance through different grants, scholarships, and loans.
Many Americans struggle with addiction, and that number continues to grow. There are currently 21 million people suffering from substance use disorder.1 intro In 2021, almost 1,200 South Carolina residents died from drug overdoses, and that number is projected to increase by over 14% in 2022.2 figure 1. B Don’t feel helpless if you’re struggling with addiction. Seeking treatment and getting your life back on track will open the doors to countless options for support.
If you want to know more about what your insurance will cover, reach out directly to the rehab you’re interested in, and they can check your coverage based on the information you provide. You can also call the number on the back of your insurance card or contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) online, by phone, or through our SSVOB form.
How to find BCBS Of South Carolina covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in SC?
AAC can verify your insurance coverage for you. If you decide to reach out by phone, one of our helpline representatives can check your benefits right when you’re on the line. You can also chat with an agent online for more information. Every year, hundreds of people are financed for rehab treatment through BCBS South Carolina.
AAC is home to some of the best rehab facilities in the nation. With a variety of treatment options and specialized programs like inpatient rehab, medical detox, outpatient therapy, partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient programs, co-occurring disorder treatment, addiction-focused care, and telehealth, you can personalize your recovery journey and ensure the treatment you choose is the best option for you.
Many of our facilities offer alternative therapeutic services like art therapy, yoga, and premier amenities. You’ll be able to dedicate all your energy to recovering and focus on yourself while improving your health holistically. Our facilities covered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina include:
- Oxford Treatment Center: With 2 Mississippi locations offering a unique blend of evidence-based treatment options, this treatment center boasts exclusive therapeutic services, such as art, yoga, equine therapy, and music therapy.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: This spa-like facility in Dallas, Texas, understands that everyone is different and provides many treatment options and specialized programs for the LGBTQ community, veterans, Christians, and recovering licensed mental health professionals.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: River Oaks Treatment Center’s well-renowned staff is experienced in several types of treatment, and their main priority is making you feel comfortable and supported. Located in Riverview, Florida, they provide outstanding addiction treatment options and aftercare focused on the 8 Dimensions of Wellness.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: This New Jersey treatment facility provides various rehabilitation services like medical detox, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and intensive outpatient treatment programs in a peaceful environment surrounded by mountains and nature.
- Laguna Treatment Center: For an upscale treatment experience in Laguna Beach, California, this facility provides expert medical care while supporting guests through individualized services and impressive accommodations. They provide high-quality addiction treatment plans with personalized treatment and addiction aftercare.
- AdCare Treatment Centers: With multiple locations across Rhode Island and Massachusetts, AdCare Treatment Centers offers high-quality treatment options such as inpatient and outpatient services, as well as medical detox and telehealth.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Desert Hope Treatment Center provides various individualized treatment services to address addiction, such as outpatient and inpatient rehab, sober living, and specialized treatment options.
What is BCBS Of South Carolina?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC has served South Carolina communities for over 70 years. Established in 1946, BCBS South Carolina is 1 of the 34 locally run, independent health insurance branches of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.3 As the largest insurance company in South Carolina, they provide affordable healthcare coverage in every consumer sector, including large and small employer groups, Medicaid and Medicare, and individuals and families.3
Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina currently offers access to thousands of providers in their Preferred Blue network. With over 90 in-network addiction treatment providers covered by BCBS South Carolina, you’ll have a variety of treatment options to select from where at least some of the costs will be covered.4
How Much Does BCBS Of South Carolina Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Depending on your specific insurance plan and the treatment program you choose, some, if not all, of the costs for treatment will be covered under your Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina policy. Because everyone is unique and has different needs, there are many options for addiction treatment. Addiction services that are at least partially covered by BCBS South Carolina include:5 What types of treatments are available?
- Inpatient and residential rehab: Inpatient rehabs are supportive, safe spaces to live while in recovery, without the distractions of everyday responsibilities. They commonly last anywhere from 30 to 90 days, but some patients remain in treatment for 6 months to a year. In these programs, you’ll participate in individual and group therapy and develop coping skills to handle your addiction triggers in a healthy way, promoting your long-term recovery.
- Outpatient rehab and therapy: If you still need to tend to your day-to-day obligations like family or work while seeking treatment, outpatient rehab is a great option for you. You can visit a treatment facility as often as you’d like with outpatient rehab while living at home. They offer similar treatment services to inpatient rehabs with opportunities to build new skills, attend therapy, and receive peer support.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): IOPs are more rigorous outpatient programs where you’re required to visit your treatment center multiple times a week based on your schedule.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): PHPs, often called day programs, are similar to inpatient rehab but allow you to live at home while seeking treatment. With these programs, you’re required to visit a treatment facility for multiple hours a day, at least 5 days a week.
Does Blue cross blue shield of South Carolina provides coverage for mental health facilities?
If you’re struggling with a co-occurring disorder, seeking treatment in a mental health facility is your best option. A co-occurring disorder or “dual diagnosis” occurs when a person suffers from substance use disorder along with a mental health illness.1 Intro Co-occurring disorders are extremely common, with about half of the 21 million people with substance use disorder also fighting mental illnesses, such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).1 Intro
It’s not clear if one illness causes the other, but mental health professionals agree that co-occurring disorders should be treated together.1 What Should I do? Some people become addicted to substances by trying to relieve the symptoms of their mental health illnesses with drugs or alcohol. Others develop mental health illnesses through prolonged substance use.1. Does One Cause The Other? Treating both illnesses in tandem encourages full recovery and reduces the likelihood of relapse.6 Points to Remember
Insurance providers are required to offer coverage for mental health care and treatment under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).7 Since mental health care is an essential health benefit, a portion of the costs for co-occurring disorder treatment and stand-alone heroin rehab will always be covered under your Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina insurance plan.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina cover addiction treatment therapies?
Some or all of the costs of addiction treatment therapies will also be covered under BCBS South Carolina. Addiction therapy is an integral part of treatment. Therapeutic services like individual and family therapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and group therapy are often offered by treatment centers to aid in recovery. Your level of coverage for addiction treatment therapies under Blue Cross Blue Shield of SC will depend on different factors, such as the healthcare provider you choose and your specific plan.
How Long Does BCBS Of South Carolina Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
Mental health professionals agree that longer treatment times are the most effective in promoting long-term recovery. Everyone is different, and certain treatments will be more effective than others, but the length of time you spend in treatment can greatly determine the outcome.6 Points to Remember Taking as much time as you need to focus on yourself and work through your underlying issues will set you up for a successful long-term recovery and lessen your likelihood of relapse.
You may be wondering how long your insurance policy will cover treatment services. Since there are so many different types of policies and tiers of coverage, the length of time covered by your insurance provider will vary depending on your specific plan. To find out more information on what your plan covers, call the number on the back of your insurance card or reach out to AAC online or by phone for assistance.
What if my BCBS Of South Carolina policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
If you choose a treatment program that isn’t covered by your BCBS South Carolina policy, there may be options for financial assistance. Depending on your chosen rehab center, you may be eligible for different scholarships, grants, or loans to finance your treatment. Many federal, state, and local organizations offer grants and financial assistance such as:
- Government-funded programs: High-risk and at-risk populations such as mothers or expecting mothers, IV drug users, and those struggling with addiction can apply for financial assistance through block grants offered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).8 What is a Block Grant?
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA): People with low or no income who need help covering addiction treatment can apply for assistance through the ACA.7
- State-funded rehabs and local assistance: Some state and local organizations offer scholarships to partially or fully cover the costs for recovery options like medical detox and addiction treatment programs.
- S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA): Veterans suffering from addiction can receive financial aid from the VA for different services, like medical detox, outpatient therapy, and mental health treatment.9 What services does VA provide for Veterans with substance use problems?
- Loans and financing: You can apply for bank loans to assist you with financing your recovery journey.
Prioritizing your life and getting the treatment you need now is most important and shouldn’t be pushed off for another day.
BCBS Of South Carolina In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
The best way to ensure that at least some of your treatment will be covered under your Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina policy is to choose a provider in your network. In-network providers are different doctors and hospitals contracted through BCBS South Carolina to provide healthcare services.
Choosing an in-network provider guarantees that some of the cost of your treatment will be covered, but you may have to pay other costs, such as deductibles and co-pays. If you choose a provider outside your network, you’ll likely have to pay all costs out of pocket. To learn more about your specific network, reach out to your insurance provider for more information.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
How to Verify BCBS of South Carolina Insurance Coverage of drug rehab centers?
AAC can also assist you with verifying your insurance coverage. Call our helpline to speak directly with a representative who can check your benefits while you’re on the phone. Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina finances rehab for hundreds of people every year.
AAC offers access to some of the leading treatment centers in the nation. To find out more about beginning your journey to recovery and how to personalize your experience to best fit your needs, don’t hesitate to reach out.