Does Molina insurance cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab or Detox Centers?
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction, you are not alone. Substance use disorder is a debilitating disease that tears many lives and families apart. Over 21 million people struggle with drug and alcohol abuse in the United States.1 intro Many people put off getting help because of the stigma of addiction or the financial burden of seeking treatment. If you’re ready to embark on your journey to recovery, there are countless options for support and assistance.
Molina Healthcare understands the importance of providing high-quality substance use treatment and mental healthcare. Molina Insurance offers several insurance plans and policies, serving over 4.5 million Americans. Molina provides the following healthcare plans:2,3
- Molina Medicaid: Those eligible for Medicaid can receive access to a wide array of individual and family healthcare services with Molina Medicaid. Government-sponsored programs are also available through this plan.
- Molina Medicare: The Molina Medicare Advantage plan offers several programs and benefits, including care from healthcare providers, hospitals, and rehab facilities, at the lowest possible out-of-pocket costs.
- Molina Marketplace: Molina Marketplace plans offer another option to keep out-of-pocket costs low and are available in many states across the U.S.
- Integrated Medicaid/Medicare: For those eligible for both Medicaid and Medicare services, benefits for both are integrated with this plan.
There are a few ways you can verify your insurance coverage to learn more about your specific Molina Healthcare plan. Call the number on the back of your insurance card, or reach out directly to a rehab center you’re interested in attending to check your coverage based on the information you provide. American Addiction Centers (AAC) can also assist you with verifying your insurance through online chat or phone.
What will Molina insurance cover?
Since everyone is unique and no one treatment will work for all, various addiction treatment options are available to meet the needs of every person. With Molina Healthcare, some, if not all, of the cost for many drug addiction treatment programs will be covered based on your specific plan. Some of the most common treatment options typically covered under Molina Insurance are:4 What are treatments for drug addiction?
- Inpatient and residential rehab: Inpatient or residential rehab can be beneficial if you’re struggling with severe addiction and need to remove yourself from your daily environment. They provide a safe, supportive space to live while in treatment where you can focus completely on recovery. Typical programs last between 30 to 90 days, but longer stays of 6 months to a year are available. In inpatient rehab, you’ll be able to develop healthy coping skills and learn about your addiction triggers to promote long-term sobriety.
- Outpatient rehab and therapy: For people with mild to moderate addictions, outpatient treatment can be a great place to start. With similar care options to inpatient rehabs, such as medical detox, peer support, and individual therapy, you can continue living at home while getting treatment. You’ll develop skills to fight addiction triggers and remain sober.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP): IOPs are more rigorous outpatient programs where you can continue living at home and taking care of your responsibilities while in treatment. You’re required to visit a treatment center a specific number of times weekly.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP): PHPs, often called day treatment programs, are similar to inpatient programs, but you can still live at home while seeking treatment. You’re required to attend treatment for multiple hours almost every day.
Does Molina Insurance Cover Mental Health treatment Facilities?
Mental healthcare is commonly needed to effectively treat substance use disorders. About half of the 21 million people suffering from substance abuse also have at least 1 mental illness, such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), or bipolar disorder.1 intro When a person suffers from a co-occurring disorder or “dual diagnosis,” treating both illnesses at the same time is recommended by mental health professionals.4 Points to remember
The onset of co-occurring disorders isn’t clear, but professionals believe them to occur in 2 different ways. Some people develop a substance use disorder over time by trying to relieve the symptoms of their mental health illness with drugs or alcohol.1 does one cause the other? Others develop a mental health illness from the excessive, prolonged use of drugs or alcohol.1 does one cause the other? No matter how co-occurring disorders develop, professionals agree they should be treated in tandem for the most effective results.1 what should I do?
Under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), insurance providers are mandated to provide at least partial coverage for mental healthcare and treatment.5 The ACA considers mental health treatment an essential benefit.5 This means that some of the costs for dual diagnosis treatment and stand-alone heroin rehab will always be covered by your Molina Healthcare insurance plan.
Does Molina Insurance provide coverage for drug abuse and mental health nationwide?
AAC understands the importance of quality care and provides access to some of the best treatment facilities nationwide. Our facilities offer outstanding evidence-based treatment with individualized and specialized treatment plans to meet your specific needs.
You can choose from various treatments like medical detox, inpatient rehab, outpatient rehab, individual therapy, group therapy, and addiction aftercare while enjoying exclusive amenities and accommodations. AAC top-notch facilities partially or fully covered by Molina Healthcare include:
- AdCare Treatment Centers: With 2 inpatient rehabs and 7 outpatient facilities throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts, you’ll find a wide variety of options for care. AdCare Treatment Centers offer top-of-the-line treatment options, such as medical detox, co-occurring disorder treatment, day programs, and telehealth.
- River Oaks Treatment Center: Located in Riverview, Florida, River Oaks Treatment Center provides impressive evidence-based addiction treatment and aftercare options focused on the 8 Dimensions of Wellness. Their acclaimed mental health professionals hold advanced licenses and accreditations and are experienced in several types of treatment. Their top priority is providing the support and encouragement you need to get better.
- Recovery First Treatment Center: This leading substance abuse treatment center in Hollywood, Florida, provides a continuum of care focused on your long-term recovery. Recovery First Treatment Center provides access to various programs like medical detox, inpatient rehab, intensive outpatient rehab, telehealth addiction treatment, and co-occurring disorder treatment.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Oxford Treatment Center provides a unique blend of evidence-based treatment options at its facility in Etta, Mississippi. It’s a great choice for an alternative approach to treatment and self-care, with exclusive therapeutic services like equine therapy, yoga, art therapy, and music therapy.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: This treatment center in Las Vegas, Nevada, provides multiple individualized treatment services to address addiction, such as inpatient and outpatient rehab, specialized treatment options, and sober living.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Greenhouse Treatment Center, located in Dallas, Texas, is a luxury treatment facility offering an individualized approach to treatment methods. They provide many specialized programs for the LGBTQ community, Veterans, recovering licensed mental health professionals, and Christians.
- Laguna Treatment Center: This facility in Laguna Beach, California, provides expert medical care and exceptional accommodations while supporting guests through individualized services. Their upscale treatment experience in a spa-like environment provides top-quality addiction treatment plans with personalized services and addiction aftercare.
How Long Does Molina Insurance Cover Rehab?
Starting treatment is the first step to getting better, but remaining in treatment for as long as you need is most important to achieving long-term recovery. Even though everyone is different and has unique needs, mental health professionals agree that longer treatment times are most effective in achieving and maintaining sobriety.4 Points to remember
The more time you spend in treatment, the longer you’ll have to focus on tackling any underlying issues contributing to your addiction. You’ll grow stronger and learn effective ways to handle addiction triggers to promote long-term recovery.4 Points to remember
You may wonder how long your Molina Healthcare plan will cover the costs of substance abuse treatment programs. This depends on a few factors, such as your specific plan, your location, the type of services you need, and the facility you choose. Because there are so many types of policies and tiers of coverage, coverage offered through each Molina plan will differ.
To find out more about your specific Molina Insurance plan, call the number on the back of your insurance card or reach out directly to the rehab center you’re interested in. We’re also happy to assist you with verifying your insurance through AAC.
What if my Molina policy does not cover rehab?
If your Molina Healthcare plan doesn’t cover the treatment program that best fits your needs, there are other options for financial assistance. Seeking treatment as soon as possible is your best option for a healthier, happier life. Many put off rehab for another day because of finances, but you shouldn’t let this stop you from getting the treatment you need.
Several federal, state, and local organizations provide financial assistance for substance use treatment through scholarships, grants, and loans. You can receive coverage for some, if not all, of the cost of many treatment options like medical detox, inpatient programs, outpatient programs, and behavioral therapy. Some alternative options to pay for treatment include:
- State-funded rehabs and local assistance: You can receive full or partial scholarships to fund medical detox and other addiction care programs through several state and local facilities and organizations. The level of coverage will vary, but at least some of the costs for treatment will be covered.
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA): The ACA offers subsidies to cover different addiction treatment options for people with little to no income.5
- Government-funded programs: People fighting addiction can receive assistance through block grants offered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Any at-risk or high-risk person struggling with addiction is encouraged to apply, especially expecting mothers, mothers, and IV drug users.6 what is a block grant?
- S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA): Veterans suffering from substance use disorder can receive financial aid for treatment options like medical detox, mental healthcare, and outpatient programs.7 What services does the VA provide for Veterans with substance use problems?
- Loans and financing: Applying for personal loans from banks and other institutions can help you finance your journey to recovery.
Instead of postponing treatment for another day, learn more about ways to finance treatment and start on your journey to recovery today.
Molina Insurance In Network vs. Out of Network Rehab Centers
In-network providers are hospitals and doctors contracted through your Molina Insurance to provide affordable healthcare services. Choosing an in-network provider is your best option to ensure that at least some of the costs of treatment will be covered. When you choose a provider in your network, there are often out-of-pocket costs such as co-pays or deductibles, but these costs are much lower than choosing a provider outside your network. The majority of costs for treatment from providers outside your network will likely have to be covered out of pocket.
You can find out if a provider is in your network by contacting your insurance company or reaching out directly to the facility you’re interested in.
Check Molina Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment
Starting your journey to recovery can be intimidating in the beginning. Knowing exactly what’s covered under your Molina Healthcare plan offers you peace of mind as you put the rest of the pieces together. Different levels of addiction treatment coverage are available through Molina Healthcare. Molina Medicaid and Essential Health plans are the most popular and provide insurance coverage for many of the costs of typical addiction treatment programs.
AAC is ready to help you get the treatment you need to fight addiction. Contact us online or by phone, and we’ll assist you with verifying your insurance coverage. You can call our helpline to speak directly with a representative who can check your benefits right while you’re on the phone. Reach out online to chat with an agent or fill out the SSVOB form below to instantly receive information on providers in your network.
Realizing you have a problem and deciding to seek help for your addiction can be difficult. AAC is here to offer you the support and encouragement to begin your journey to health and happiness.