Does Oscar Health insurance cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab?
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
With Oscar Health insurance, you can be assured of alcohol and drug rehab coverage. Oscar Health mental health is provided through Optum Health.1(top) You have access to behavioral health care through your plan.1(top) Oscar Health behavioral health provides several options for people who are dealing with a mental health issue, including substance abuse. Some of these options include:2(benefits)
- Group counseling.
- Inpatient treatment.
- Outpatient treatment.
You can find out more details about your Oscar Health Insurance substance abuse treatment coverage by contacting the rehab center that you plan to attend. The admissions navigator will verify your coverage and help you find nearby Oscar Health Insurance drug treatment providers.
You can also call the phone number listed on the back of your Oscar Insurance health card for more details about coverage.
Check Oscar Health Insurance Coverage for Addiction Treatment
You can find Oscar Health Insurance drug detox treatment nationwide by contacting American Addiction Centers (AAC). AAC has leading substance abuse treatment facilities throughout the United States. You can connect with them by phone, online chat, or filling out the form on this page.
When you contact AAC, an admissions navigator will guide you in finding Oscar Health Insurance rehab centers that are near you. They can also verify your insurance if you have a location in mind. Call the Oscar Health hotline today for more details.
What is Oscar Health?
Oscar Healthcare began offering services for members in 2012. By leveraging their technology platform, they made innovative ways for members to receive care.3(top)
Oscar health insurance has approximately 1 million members and is still growing.3(quick facts) The Oscar Insurance coverage area includes 607 counties 3(quick facts) and the following states:4
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
Oscar Health Plans
With Oscar Health coverage, you have access to the following plan options: 3(quick facts)
- Individuals and families
- Medicare Advantage
- Cigna + Oscar for small businesses
Oscar behavioral health benefits, which includes mental health and substance misuse disorder treatment, is available to members with Oscar Health insurance benefits.1(top)
What will Oscar Health insurance cover?
Oscar Health insurance for addiction treatment may pay for the full amount of your rehab. The extent of your rehab coverage may be determined by how much time you need to stay in a substance use facility. The various levels of treatment have different lengths of time associated with them. When you discuss your needs with an admissions navigator at any of the Oscar Health rehab centers, they can advise you on which treatment levels are right for you.
Some Oscar Health Insurance drug treatment programs are more extensive than others. Following is a list of the main types of treatment programs that you may progress through when going through recovery. Your Oscar Health coverage plan may pay the cost for some of these:
- Inpatient treatment program: During an inpatient treatment program, you will participate in a highly structured treatment program with qualified clinicians. The program can last for up to 1 year in a residential setting with monitoring 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. During the inpatient program, you’ll be able to participate in therapy, which will aid you in learning strategies for sober living.5(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP will give you a level of treatment that is similar to an inpatient treatment program but with the ability to return home in the evening. You’ll still be participating in extensive therapy sessions throughout the day with certified therapists. 6(pg.10)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): An IOP is a good option for people who still want a high level of treatment but need to be in an outpatient program. You’ll still participate in several therapy sessions throughout the day and return home in the evening.7(p2-3)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: A traditional outpatient program offers therapy sessions on a weekly basis for a shorter duration. This level of support gives you the tools and resources for minimizing relapse. 6(pg.10)
What types of substance does Oscar Health cover?
When receiving care for a substance misuse issue through your Oscar health plan, you can get treatment for any type of substance that you have misused. However, it’s important to check with Oscar Health providers to ensure that they provide treatment for the substance that you are using.
Many substances are used In the United States. The following are some of the most commonly used ones:8
Does Oscar Health Insurance Cover Mental Health Treatment Facilities?
You can find mental health assistance at an Oscar Health Insurance drug treatment center that provides co-occurring disorder services. Co-occurring disorders involve substance misuse and mental health issue occurring together at the same time. 9(overview)
People who deal with co-occurring disorders can experience any of the following mental health issues that co-occur with a substance misuse problem are: 9(overview)
- Anxiety disorders.
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Bipolar disorder.
- Personality disorder.
With your Oscar Health insurance rehab program, you can access treatment altogether in 1 facility, provided they offer co-occurring disorder treatment. You can contact Oscar mental health facilities to see if they offer dual diagnosis treatment.
If you are unsure about whether you have mental health needs along with substance misuse, you can request an evaluation. Be advised that there are risk factors that go along with a dual disorder diagnosis. These are as follows:9(Overview bullets)
- Substance abuse: Whenever someone misuses a substance for a period of time, it leads to changes in brain function and structure. This can cause a mental health disorder over time. 9(Overview bullets)
- Mental illness: When someone has a mental illness, it can cause them to self-medicate with substances. This can lead to substance abuse. 9(Overview bullets)
- Family connections: If someone in your family has a co-occurring disorder diagnosis, there is a chance you could have it too. Just like other diseases can run in families, so can co-occurring disorders.9(Overview bullets)
The Oscar Health rehabilitation coverage will follow the mandates of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). 10 This mandate ensures that insurers must provide members essential health benefits. 10 These essential health benefits include coverage for mental health care and substance use treatment.10
How Long Does Oscar Health Insurance Cover Rehab?
The length of time your Oscar Health rehab insurance will pay for treatment depends on your policy details and plan specifics. You may have to pay certain out-of-pocket expenses, such as copayments or coinsurance. Additionally, each Oscar Health drug rehab level has a certain length of time that is recommended for the program, as follows:9(numbered section)
- Residential rehab program lasts between 30 and 90 days.
- Inpatient therapeutic community lasts from 6 months to 2 years.
- Outpatient treatment can last for up to 120 days.
What if my Oscar Health policy does not cover rehab?
If the Oscar Health insurance payment doesn’t cover all your rehab, you may have other financial payment options. Some Oscar Health rehab centers offer financial aid, scholarships, or reduced sliding scale fees. Check with Oscar Health rehab providers to find out what assistance you may be eligible for.
Oscar Health In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Rehab Centers
When you begin your journey to sobriety, be sure you check for an in-network provider. In-network providers are those who are in a contract with Oscar Health and will give a discounted rate. You may be able to get your services covered by an in-network provider.
You will have to pay out of your pocket if you choose to use out-of-network rehab facilities.