Does BCBS of Oklahoma insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Breaking free from substance use is a major challenge, and getting proper treatment is essential to help you build new habits and live substance-free long-term. But how do you find the right treatment program, and how do you pay for rehab?
The good news is that if you have Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma, your health insurance can pay for some or all of the cost of treatment. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all long-term health insurance plans to cover 10 essential health benefits, which include mental health and substance use treatment.1, fifth bullet
The specific coverage details will vary based on your plan, so you’ll want to verify your insurance before committing to a treatment program. You can call the number on the back of your insurance card or reach out to American Addiction Centers (AAC) any time of day or night. We are available to review your insurance and help answer any questions you have about rehab.
How to find BCBS Of Oklahoma-covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in OK?
How do you know what programs are covered BCBS of Oklahoma rehabilitation centers and which ones are not? You will need to get the details of your insurance plan and the provider network.
You can get this information by calling the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma phone number or by contacting AAC by phone, online chat, or by filling out the form below.
Our admissions navigators can verify your insurance in just a few minutes while they chat with you and are available for any questions you have about treatment.
AAC is proud to run a variety of high-quality treatment centers around the country. For example, Greenhouse Treatment Center is in Dallas County, Texas, near Oklahoma. You’ll get an individualized treatment plan that addresses all of your needs.
What is BCBS Of Oklahoma?
Many people think Blue Cross Blue Shield is a single company, but it’s a cooperative effort between 34 individually-operated insurance companies.2, first paragraph Together, these companies cover around one-third of Americans in all 50 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico.2, first paragraph
Blue Cross Blue Shield of OK is a statewide insurer that is owned by its customers.3, About us The company focuses on helping its more than 800,000 members access affordable, high-quality care.3, About us
Through BCBS Oklahoma members can access a variety of plans, including individual and family plans, Medicare Advantage, and employer-provided plans.3, below first image
How Much Does BCBS Of Oklahoma Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Each person who struggles with substance use needs an individualized treatment plan to help them break free. Your doctor will ask about what substances you use, how much and for how long, your home life, and more. These answers will help them create a treatment plan that meets your needs.
While everyone’s treatment varies, some of the most common include:4,5
- Inpatient rehab. During inpatient treatment, you learn new habits that will help you with long-term recovery. The therapists at the rehab facility are trained to identify the root issue and develop a customized treatment plan that addresses your unique needs. Treatment includes counseling, educational programs, and medication management (if required).
- Outpatient rehab. During outpatient treatment, you will attend scheduled sessions that focus on substance abuse education, relapse prevention, and stress management. This type of care can be a great starting point for treatment or a follow-up after inpatient treatment. You’ll live at home and can generally attend school or work during treatment.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOP). Intensive outpatient treatment, or IOP, is a program that is more focused on normal outpatient care. You attend treatment several hours a week to build the skills you need to live free of substance use.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHP). A partial hospitalization program is a hospital-based form of rehab that provides intensive, high-level care without having to live at the facility. PHP programs offer individual and group therapy where you learn new ways to deal with stress without turning to substance use.
No matter what types of treatment are part of your personalized plan, what’s most important is that you complete the process completely. It’s tempting to leave when you start to feel better, but it’s only by continuing to practice the new habits that you give yourself the best chance of long-term recovery.
Does Blue cross blue shield of Oklahoma provides coverage for mental health facilities?
Mental health problems are more common than many people believe, so if you have mental health concerns, you’re not alone. In fact, 50% of those who struggle with substance use also have a mental health diagnosis, which is known as a co-occurring condition.6, second paragraph If you have both mental health and substance issues, it’s essential to get them treated at the same time. Research shows that integrated treatment is far more effective than only addressing one or the other.7, first paragraph
Is there Blue Cross Blue Shield Oklahoma mental health coverage that can help you pay for mental health treatment? Yes there is—the ACA includes both mental health treatment and substance use in the list of 10 essential health benefits.1, fifth bullet Blue Cross Blue Shield Oklahoma coverage will vary depending on your plan, so be sure you verify your insurance before you commit to a treatment program. You can call the insurance company or reach out to AAC anytime, 24/7. We’re here to help you get the care you need.
How Long Does BCBS Of Oklahoma Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
How long is treatment? We hear the question often, but there’s no answer that’s true for everyone. Research has shown that most people need at least 90 days to make a significant change in their substance use habits, including quitting.8, fifth point That’s why many programs are at least three months long. However, your individual treatment process might be longer, and it may include multiple types of treatment. For example, you might start in an inpatient center and then move to outpatient treatment.
What’s important is that you fully complete every part of your treatment plan. It’s only by practicing your new habits and taking advantage of all the resources available to you that you give yourself the best chance of long-term recovery. If you’re concerned about limits or requirements from your insurance plan, you can review the details of your Oklahoma drug rehab coverage before you enter treatment. You can call the insurance company or contact AAC anytime.
What if my BCBS Of Oklahoma policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
Reviewing your options might reveal that your Oklahoma drug rehabilitation coverage through BCBS only covers part of the cost of treatment, and you’re responsible for the rest. Or, you might find that a particular center you’re interested in isn’t a BCBS of Oklahoma treatment center and you have to pay the full cost of treatment yourself.
Fortunately, there are a variety of ways to pay for substance use treatment, and your insurance plan is only part of the solution. You might be able to set up a payment plan for your portion of the cost, for example, or find a treatment program that offers scholarships. Many people also take out a loan or borrow money from family and friends. You can rest assured that when you are free from substance use, you’ll be happier, healthier, and better able to manage your finances.
Don’t use uncertainty about money as a reason not to get treatment. There is never a perfect time to go to rehab, and substance use has long-term health and legal consequences. Get the care you need before it’s too late.
BCBS Of Oklahoma In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
As you look at different treatment centers, you’ll see that some are listed as “in-network” with your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma substance abuse treatment coverage, while others are “out of network” What does that mean?
Each Insurance plan has a group of doctors and facilities (including rehab centers) that agree to treat plan members for a lower cost.9, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network This group is known as the plan’s network, and you can save money on your care if you use these providers.9, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network
On the other hand, many insurance plans offer little or no coverage for out-of-network providers, which means you will have to pay the full cost yourself.9, p. 2, Why do some plans…
To maximize your insurance coverage and keep your personal costs lower, try to find a substance use treatment center that’s part of the BCBS of Oklahoma rehab center network. If you can’t, though, don’t panic — there are multiple ways to pay for treatment, as we mentioned earlier.
Choosing to get treatment is courageous, and you deserve a happy, healthy life without substance use. We would love to help you take the first step. Contact us today.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.