Does Anthem BCBS of Virginia insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Breaking free of substance use is courageous, and difficult to do alone. Getting the treatment you need is essential. But how do you find the right treatment program and pay for care? If you have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Virginia, your health insurance can help pay for some or all of the cost of rehab. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires all long-term health insurance plans to cover 10 essential health benefits, which include mental health and substance use treatment.1, fifth bullet
However, the level of coverage will vary depending on your insurance plan, so it’s important to verify your insurance before you commit to a rehab program. You can call the Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Virginia phone number or contact American Addiction Centers (AAC) by phone, online chat, or by filling out our form below. We’re available 24/7.
How to find Anthem BCBS of Virginia covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in VA?
Finding treatment centers that are part of your insurance coverage is an important part of maximizing your benefits and keeping treatment affordable. But how do you know if a treatment center takes Anthem BCBS Virginia? You can call the number on the back of the insurance card, or reach out to AAC anytime. Our admissions navigators can verify your insurance in just a few minutes while they chat with you, as well as answer any questions you have about rehab.
AAC is proud to run a variety of high-quality treatment centers around the country, and many of them are able to accept Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of VA insurance coverage.
You deserve a happy, healthy life free of substance use. We’d love to help you take the first steps.
What is Anthem BCBS of Virginia?
While Blue Cross Blue Shield sounds like a single company, it’s actually an association of 34 independently-operated insurance companies.2, first paragraph Together, they cover one in three Americans across all 50 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico.2, first paragraph Anthem is one of those companies, and it operates in several states, including Virginia.3, second paragraph Anthem focuses on delivering a high level of care to members and helping improve the health of local communities.3, first paragraph
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Virginia offers a variety of plans to members in the state. They are grouped into three categories, gold, silver, and bronze.4, Finding a Virginia Health Plan The gold plans have the highest monthly premiums and lowest out-of-pocket costs, the bronze plans have lower monthly premiums and higher costs when you need care, and the silver plan is in between the two.4, Finding a Virginia Health Plan
How Much Does Anthem BCBS of Virginia Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
There’s no treatment plan that works for everyone who struggles with substance use, so your doctor will work with you to determine the plan that will meet your needs. It’s vital to be honest with the doctor about your substance use, background, and more so you get the care you need.
There are a variety of treatment options available for substance use, including:5,6
- Inpatient Rehab. Inpatient treatment allows you to get away from your environment and focus on getting well. Patients receive around-the-clock care and support, which allows them to begin the recovery process in a safe and structured environment. Inpatient rehab centers offer a variety of therapeutic programs and services that can help you address the root cause of your addiction.
- Outpatient Rehab. Outpatient care allows you to live at home while you are getting the help you need. Sessions typically focus on substance abuse education, relapse prevention, stress management, communication skills, and goal setting. Outpatient treatment centers usually conduct meetings at night or in the early morning, helping those in the program maintain their normal schedules.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP). Intensive outpatient treatment, or IOP, is a type of addiction treatment that involves going to the treatment center for a few hours each day, several days per week. This type of treatment is more focused than normal outpatient care and can offer courses to address the issues that cause addiction. IOP programs also help you build the skills to live without substance use.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHP). Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) provide daylong treatment for individuals who do not require round-the-clock supervision but who can benefit from a highly structured treatment setting. In the PHP setting, individuals receive individual and group therapy during the day but can then put their treatment skills to use at home in the evenings and on weekends.
Regardless of what your treatment plan includes, it’s essential to complete the program entirely. That includes graduating from an inpatient program, following through with outpatient treatment and aftercare, and more.
It’s tempting to quit early when you start feeling better, but it’s only by practicing your skills in a safe environment that you’ll be able to make good choices under pressure. You want to give yourself the best chance of long-term recovery, and that means completing the treatment process.
Does Blue cross blue shield of Virginia provide coverage for mental health treatment facilities?
While the stigma around mental health makes many people feel isolated and alone, the truth is that having mental health concerns is common, especially among those who struggle with substance use. In fact, 50% of those who struggle with substance use also have a mental health diagnosis, which is known as a co-occurring disorder.7, second paragraph What’s important is to get treatment that addresses both your mental health and substance use—research shows that integrated treatment gives you the best chance of long-term recovery.8, first paragraph
Will your Anthem Virginia drug rehab coverage also help pay for mental health treatment? Yes, the ACA lists both mental health and substance use treatment as essential health benefits. Of course, every Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Virginia mental health coverage plan is different, so be sure you understand the details before you commit to a treatment program. You can call BCBS directly or connect with AAC any time of day or night. We’re here to help.
Does Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield of Virginia cover addiction treatment therapies?
What types of substance use therapies are part of your insurance coverage? There are a variety of ways to approach addiction, but health insurance plans focus on covering high-quality treatment centers that offer evidence-based therapy.
Some examples of evidence-based treatment that might be part of your program include:9, Individual psychosocial interventions
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Contingency management (CM).
- Brief interventions (BI).
- Motivational interviewing (MI).
- Relapse prevention (RP).
- 12-step programs.
- Therapeutic residential communities.
As you look at treatment programs, keep in mind that evidence-based therapies have been shown to make a difference in substance use habits. Other approaches may not help you get the freedom you are working so hard for.
How Long Does Anthem BCBS of Virginia Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
How long is rehab? It’s a common question, but there’s no answer that applies to everyone. Research shows that most people need at least 90 days to make a significant change in substance use habits, including quitting.10, fifth point That’s why most treatment programs are at least three months long. However, your treatment plan may be longer, and might include multiple different programs. What’s important is to make a commitment to complete the entire process so that you can have the best possible chance of long-term recovery.
Some insurance plans may have specific limits or requirements for coverage, so be sure to check your insurance details before you start treatment. You can call the BCBS phone number or reach out to AAC by chat, over the phone, or by filling out our form. We can check your insurance for you in just a few minutes.
You deserve to be happy, healthy, and able to chase your dreams. Following through on your full treatment program gives you the best opportunity to have the life you want.
What if my Anthem BCBS of Virginia policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
As you prepare to start treatment, you might find out that your Anthem Virginia drug rehabilitation coverage only pays for part of the cost of treatment, and you need to pay the rest. Or, you might have decided on a treatment program, only to find out it’s not one of the Anthem Residential treatment centers Virginia that’s covered, so you’re responsible for the full fee.
Don’t let these financial setbacks stop you from getting the care you need to break free from substance use. It’s important to realize that there are many ways to pay for rehab, and your insurance plan is only part of the picture.
For example, you might be able to get a scholarship from your treatment program, or set up a payment plan to cover your portion of the costs. Some people borrow money from family or friends, or find a treatment facility that charges a sliding scale of fees based on their financial situation.
One thing that’s certain is that once you’re free from substance use, you’ll be healthier, more focused, and better able to manage your financial obligations.
What’s important is that you don’t put off treatment. There’s no perfect time to go to rehab, and substance use has long-term health and legal consequences. It’s essential to get treatment before it’s too late.
Anthem BCBS of Virginia In-Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Looking at different treatment programs, you’ll notice that some are listed as in-network Anthem BCBS of Virginia rehabilitation centers, while others are out-of-network. What does that mean? Every health insurance plan has a group of doctors, facilities, and other providers that agree to treat plan members for a lower price in return for referrals.11, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network This group is the plan’s network, and members are strongly encouraged to use them for care.11, p. 1 What’s a Provider Network
What about providers not in the network? Often, insurance plans offer no coverage for out-of-network providers, which means you’ll pay the full cost yourself.11, p. 2, Why do some plans… If you want to minimize your personal costs and get as much of your rehab covered by insurance as possible, you’ll want to find an in-network treatment center. If you’d rather go to one that’s not in the network, however, don’t panic. As we mentioned, there are many ways to pay for treatment.
What’s important is that you get the treatment you need as soon as possible. If you need help finding the right facility, contact AAC today.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Virginia Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.
How to Verify Anthem BCBS of Virginia Insurance Coverage for drug rehab centers?
If you’re ready to break free from substance use, you need a high-quality treatment program to help you learn new habits and create a better life. To keep your costs low, it’s best if you can find an Anthem BCBS of Virginia rehab center covered by your insurance.
You can verify your insurance details and find out more about treatment within the provider network by calling the insurance company or reaching out to AAC any time of day or night. Our admissions navigators understand your struggle and are ready to help you take the first steps into freedom by reviewing your insurance coverage and answering any questions you have about rehab.
It’s time to create a life you’re excited about. Contact us to take the first step toward freedom today.