Does BCBS of Massachusetts insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Don’t let a substance misuse issue stop you from finding happiness in life. With your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts substance abuse treatment coverage, you can be sure of finding the proper tools for recovery. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts insurance rehab provides behavioral health coverage, including that for substance misuse.
You can contact any of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts drug treatment providers, and the admissions navigator will verify your insurance instantly over the phone while you wait. This will give you clarity about your options moving forward.
How to find BCBS Of Massachusetts covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in MA?
The quickest way to begin the journey to recovery is to contact American Addiction Centers (AAC). AAC is a leading rehab provider across the nation. They offer substance misuse services through their top-quality rehab providers in the U.S.
If you’re not familiar with where the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts insurance rehab centers are located, you can call AAC, and the admissions navigator will provide you with information about rehab facilities near you. This can help you get started on the path to healing.
There are multiple ways you can contact AAC. These are as follows:
- Contact the helpline and talk to an admissions navigator directly.
- Use the online chat forum.
- Fill out the form on this page.
What is BCBS Of Massachusetts?
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts was founded in 1937. It all began with a vision by business, healthcare, and community leaders.2(top) Their goal is to bring high-quality, affordable healthcare to their members. 2(top)
When they first started, Blue Cross of Massachusetts covered hospital stays. In time, they spread their coverage to doctors’ office visits. 2(top) In 1988, they merged the 2 coverages and now have a comprehensive health plan for MA residents. 2(top)
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts insurance offers the following plans:3(plan types)
- HMO plans
- PPO plans
- BlueFit plans
- POS plans
- Medicare options
- Indemnity plans
- Open access plans
How Much Does BCBS Of Massachusetts Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
Contact a BCBS of Massachusetts substance abuse treatment facility to determine the level of addiction treatment coverage you have. A representative can let you know how much BCBS of MA will cover for your rehab addiction treatment. However, before you move forward with getting the insurance coverage information, you may want to know how much time you will need to spend in one of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts insurance drug treatment programs.
Each program will assist you on your rehab journey. You may benefit from participating in several of the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts drug treatment programs. An admissions navigator can provide you with guidance on the continuum of care and how it can lead you on the path to a sober life.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts insurance drug treatment should cover some of the following:
- Inpatient treatment program: When you begin a treatment program, it may be best to start with an inpatient rehab program. This type of treatment program helps you work on the inner reasons for addiction and the social effects of its use. Certified clinicians will closely oversee your progress and monitor you as you go through the treatment process. You can stay in treatment for short periods or a lengthier stay.4(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): The PHP is a treatment program that will allow you to go home at night but still provide hours of treatment during the day. Your regimen of care can last for several weeks or months. This enables you to get the help and treatment you need while having some degree of flexibility. 5(pg.10)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): During an IOP, you will be in an outpatient program that is intensive in nature. You will participate in several therapy sessions throughout the day and have your evenings free. 6(p2-3)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: An outpatient treatment program will provide you with evidence-based therapy that occurs approximately 1–2 times a week. 5(pg.10)
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts cover addiction treatment therapies?
Through therapy, you will be able to explore the social and emotional aspects of addiction while also learning various coping mechanisms.7(bullet point) This can help reduce your chances of relapsing.
Participating in Massachusetts addiction treatment will include therapy. There is a range of therapy treatments to assist you on the path to sobriety. Therapy helps you with substance misuse issues in these ways:7(how are behavioral)
- It aids you in making behavioral changes.
- It assists you in making changes to your attitude about drugs.
- It provides you with better health and well-being.
- It encourages you to keep on the path of treatment.
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts provides coverage for mental health facilities?
Your Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts mental health coverage may provide services for both mental health and substance abuse issues. These 2 conditions may co-occur in people who have either of the disorders. 8(Overview bullets)
Participating in a co-occurring disorder treatment program can help you resolve issues involving both substance abuse and mental health disorders. 8(Overview bullets) Many people struggle with co-occurring disorders, and by targeting both simultaneously, you may be less likely to relapse. 8(Overview bullets)
Researchers say that there is not necessarily a cause and effect that is attributed to mental use and substance use disorders, but people are more predisposed to these conditions if they have either of them. 8(Overview) Some of the ways that people are predisposed include:8(Overview bullets)
- Genetics: Research indicates that co-occurring disorders can run in the family. In addition, there are certain environmental factors that can run in families too. These may impact genes over time, which makes a person more predisposed.
- Mental health: If you have a mental health disorder, you are susceptible to substance abuse, too. The reason for that is because people with mental illness sometimes use substances to self-medicate.
- Substance abuse: After a time of misusing substances, your brain function and structure are affected. This can cause mental health symptoms.
Your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts substance abuse coverage can assist you with finding a rehab facility that offers co-occurring disorder treatment. Because of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which was passed in 2010, insurance providers must cover essential care benefits for members. This includes benefits for mental health care and substance use treatment.9
How Long Does BCBS Of Massachusetts Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
You can call the rehab facility you plan to attend and ask about the length of time that your Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance will cover. When you talk to the admissions navigator, they will outline the length of time each program lasts.
The first thing they’ll need to do is assess what programs you need to attend to determine how long it will last. This will also let you know the extent of the treatment. For example, you’ll know whether the treatment program is 24/7, several hours a day, or a few hours a week. Blue Cross Blue Shield Massachusetts coverage may provide the cost of an extended stay. Although you may have copayments or coinsurance to pay.
If you attend an inpatient residential program, you can count on a minimum of 30 to 90 days.10(first numbered list) Experts advise that transitioning from an inpatient program to an outpatient one may be the best plan of action.
What if my BCBS Of Massachusetts policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
You can find other financial arrangements for payment if you don’t have the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts benefits to cover everything. Many residential treatment centers in Massachusetts will offer additional financial assistance for treatment. You may be eligible for financial aid, scholarship opportunities, or reduced fees based on your income.
You don’t have to give up on your hope for a better life ahead. Seek the help you need today.
BCBS Of Massachusetts In Network vs. Out of Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
When you start your journey for treatment, be sure you check for BCBS of MA in-network facilities. You can contact AAC for a list of in-network drug treatment providers in your area. If you go to an out-of-network facility, you will have more out-of-pocket costs.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.