Does BCBS of Tennessee insurance cover Inpatient Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers?
- Access to licensed treatment centers
- Information on treatment plans
- Financial assistance options
Dealing with an alcohol or drug misuse issue, it can be difficult to move forward to healing without support and rehab treatment. With Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee mental health coverage, you will have access to behavioral health benefits.1(sub use) Your BCBS Tennessee insurance can be verified by contacting the rehab facility and talking to the admissions navigator. Someone will check your insurance information and let you know if the BCBS Of Tennessee substance abuse treatment facility is in-network or not.
You can also call the phone number on the back of your insurance card for more details about our specific plan.
How to find BCBS Of Tennessee-covered Inpatient drug treatment centers in TN?
If you want to expedite the process and determine whether your Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee is in-network, you can contact American Addiction Centers (AAC), and they will verify your insurance coverage for you.
AAC is a rehab provider with top facilities across the nation. They provide quality substance use services and work with a wide range of insurers. You can reach out to AAC in several different ways: by calling, via the online chat forum, or by filling out the form on this page.
Additionally, when you talk to the admissions navigator at AAC, they can help you find Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee drug treatment providers near you.
What is BCBS Of Tennessee?
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee provides healthcare plans for residents of Tennessee. Since 1945, they have been committed to helping the community find healthcare that is affordable and meets their members’ needs.2(top) This not-for-profit health plan is now serving 3.4 million people across the state and around the country and partners with over 20,000 healthcare providers.2(top) So, you are sure to find Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee insurance rehab centers when you need them.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee insurance offers the following plans:3(see what)
- Individual & family plans
- Medicaid (BlueCare TN) plans
- Medicare plans
- Medicaid with Medicare (BlueCare Plus) plans
- Employer & group plans
How Much Does BCBS Of Tennessee Cover (Addiction Treatment)?
When considering Blue Cross Blue Shield substance abuse coverage, you may be thinking about the amount that will be covered. Although that is an important consideration, you should also take time to learn about the various treatment programs. The different treatment levels will target your specific needs along the recovery journey.
Each step along the way prepares you for living soberly on your own. Whether it’s a residential setting or an outpatient one, you will learn the tools for successful living. Some treatment programs are more intense than others and help people who are just starting out in recovery. Your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee substance abuse treatment coverage may cover some of the following treatment programs:
- Inpatient treatment program: An inpatient treatment program is an intense and thorough program. You will receive therapy while in the treatment program. It will be monitored by certified clinicians in a residential environment. You’ll have 24/7 access to support, help, and care. During inpatient treatment, you’ll be in the program for 1 week to 1 year.4(inpatient)
- Partial hospitalization program (PHP): A PHP is almost as intense as an inpatient program. You will participate in an intense level of care that is supervised by therapists and clinicians. Therapy is a big part of your treatment program in PHP. When the day is over, you will go to your home for the night.5(pg.10)
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): An IOP is a more robust outpatient treatment than a standard one. You’ll attend therapy for several hours a week, helping you learn the strategies for sobriety. 6(p2-3)
- Outpatient treatment program and therapy: The outpatient treatment program involves going to therapy every week for a short session, which helps you keep on the right track and prevent a relapse. 5(pg.10)
Does Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee provides coverage for mental health facilities?
You can find co-occurring disorder treatment at many of the BCBS of Tennessee rehabilitation centers. This would be an appropriate treatment plan for you if you have mental health and substance misuse issues simultaneously.
Co-occurring disorders commonly happen in people who have either substance misuse or mental health issues.7(overview)
If you’re unsure about whether you have co-occurring disorder issues, you can check to see if you have any of the risk factors. These are as follows:7(Overview bullets)
- Genetic risk factors: Research indicates that those with a co-occurring disorder diagnosis in their family are predisposed to having the condition. This is similar to other disease risk factors. 7(Overview bullets)
- Substance misuse risk factors: Any time someone abuses drugs or alcohol, they are at risk for mental health disorders. Since substance misuse will change the brain in some ways, it can lead to mental health issues. 7(Overview bullets)
- Mental health risk factors: If you leave a mental health disorder untreated, it can cause substance misuse. People may use because they are self-medicating to alleviate symptoms of the mental health problems. 7(Overview bullets)
You can treat both mental health and substance misuse issues together or separately. Because of the mandates of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), there are protections for members with substance abuse.8 Insurers must provide members with the basic healthcare benefits that are essential to health. These include coverage for mental health care and substance use treatment.8
You can call the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee phone number to set up an evaluation to determine if you have a co-occurring disorder. Some of the mental health disorders that are more common with a substance misuse problem are:7(overview)
- Anxiety disorders.
- Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Personality disorder.
- Bipolar disorder.
Call an Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee center to ensure they offer co-occurring disorder treatment in case you need it. It’s recommended that you treat both conditions together if you have a dual diagnosis. 7(Overview bullets)
How Long Does BCBS Of Tennessee Insurance Cover Alcohol and Drug Rehab programs?
Your Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee drug treatment coverage may vary based on the tier level and policy type you have. The ACA mandate will provide some protection from discrimination due to a substance use disorder, but how much your insurance will cover is another question.
The Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee insurance rehab levels each have a range of time that is typical for treatment.9(numbered section) By following the continuum of care and participating in both inpatient and outpatient treatment, you may be in a program for over 1 year. An inpatient rehab program is about 30 to 90 days, but it can last up to 2 years in an inpatient therapeutic community program. 9(numbered section)
If you continue with outpatient treatment afterward, you may add another 4 months of Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee therapy coverage. 9(numbered section)
What if my BCBS Of Tennessee policy does not cover an Inpatient drug rehab program?
In some situations, there may not be adequate Blue Cross Blue Shield residential treatment coverage. In this case, you can seek other financial options from residential treatment centers in Tennessee.
Many Tennessee substance abuse treatment centers offer some form of financial assistance. There may be scholarships or financial aid at the BCBS of Tennessee treatment center you had in mind. If not, you can always check with AAC for referrals to a BCBS of Tennessee rehab center that will have payment options or reduced pricing so that you can get the help you need.
Don’t delay seeking treatment for your issues.
BCBS Of Tennessee In-Network vs. Out-of-Network Inpatient Drug Rehab Centers
Seeking a Blue Cross Blue Shield Tennessee insurance drug treatment program that is in-network will be beneficial to you. In-network drug rehabs have a contractual agreement with your insurance company. So, this ensures that you get the best rate for services. It may even cover the entirety of your stay.
Out-of-network facilities do not have an agreement with your insurance, meaning you will have to pay for costs yourself.
Rehabs That Take Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee Insurance
American Addiction Centers (AAC) has various rehab facilities around the country that provide drug and alcohol addiction treatment. If you have a Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance plan, the following AAC facilities accept Blue Cross Blue Shield for drug and alcohol addiction rehab.
- AdCare Rhode Island: With various facilities located in Rhode Island, AdCare provides innovative, quality, and cost-efficient addiction treatment. Its integrated system of care offers an inpatient treatment center in North Kingstown and a network of outpatient offices throughout Rhode Island. AdCare’s continuum of care includes detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, inpatient and outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Desert Hope Treatment Center: Located in Las Vegas, Nevada, Desert Hope provides individualized care programs as well as offering a full continuum of care including detox services, residential treatment dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health.
- Greenhouse Treatment Center: Located in Grand Prairie, Texas, Greenhouse offers individualized treatment plans and many levels of care including detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, intensive outpatient services, outpatient services, and tele-health, all in a luxurious setting with high-end amenities.
- Laguna Treatment Hospital: Located in Orange County, California, Laguna is a chemical dependency recovery hospital that focuses on treating people who are medically compromised and need 24/7 oversight. Provided care includes detox services, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment inpatient treatment, and intensive outpatient services.
- Oxford Treatment Center: Located in Etta, Mississippi, Oxford offers gender-specific rehab while offering an opportunity to connect with nature and try new activities. Provided care includes detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, inpatient and outpatient treatment, intensive outpatient services, and tele-health, all with individualized treatment programs.
- Sunrise House Treatment Center: Located in Lafayette Township, New Jersey, Sunrise House provides treatment for people suffering from substance abuse from a medical and holistic standpoint. With various evidence-based therapeutic interventions, personalized care is provided through detox, residential treatment, dual-diagnosis treatment, and outpatient services.
There are various treatment programs for individuals struggling with drug or alcohol addiction, so don’t give up if the first program you check out doesn’t meet your individual needs. There are rehabs near me that can provide the treatment you need. Check out the directory to find a list of facilities and programs. You can search by location and filter by Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance.